Monday, July 25, 2011

An Uneven Dozen

After yesterday's race, I was determined to be more sensible about my pace on today's Long Run. The schedule calls for 12 Miles but I decided to run the Allenton Loop twice. It's a little over 6 Miles around the loop, so I ran the course and didn't worry about stopping the watch right at 12.

It was about 10 degrees cooler this morning than it has been for the past couple of weeks and it made a HUGE difference. The first lap around the loop was especially comfortable. The sun snuck a little higher on the second loop and the sweat started to pour, but it was still better than it has been.

I ran the first lap at a good clip and decided I wanted to run the last mile-and-a-half of the second lap hard(down 5th Street from Six Flags). I probably thought too much about that last stretch because I took the few miles before that a little too easy. But I covered the last 1.5 Miles at a 6:53 pace. It felt good to know I could finish well after running that many miles at a good pace.


Monday
Goal For The Day: Delayed Long Run.
Distance: 12.52 Miles.
Time: 1:30:09. 7:12 Avg. (7:20, 7:01, 7:06, 7:12, 6:58, 7:03, 7:25, 7:24, 7:24, 7:24, 7:19, 6:53, 3:33*)
Route: Allenton Loop x 2.
Conditions: 75 degrees at the start! 6:45AM.

Notes: My Long Runs are supposed to be 30-45 seconds slower than my goal pace for the marathon. I'm going against that philosophy by trying to stay close to Goal Pace. It's against what I tell other runners to do, but at this point, I'll try to keep my average under 7:17 on my Long Runs... at least until I get into the really high mileage.

Daily Miles: 12.52 Miles.
Blog Totals:
  Run - 139.84 Miles.
  Bike - 67.68 Miles.
  Swim - 4,450+ meters.

No comments:

Post a Comment