Friday, July 8, 2011

Counting Down

Today was my last workout before Race Day on Sunday. It was just me and Bannister at the track today. No high school kids today. I had the track to myself.

I cut back on my Bannister Repeats so my legs would be rested by Sunday. Just five 400's today and with each one, I counted down to the end of my taper and the beginning of Race Weekend.


It rained last night and dropped the morning temperature about 10 degrees. It was still cloudy this morning too, so the shorter, cooler workout left me feeling strong and fresh. It was the perfect way to end the week before the triathlon.

Friday
Goal For The Day: Bannister Repeats
Distance: 3.25 Miles.
Time: 5 x 400m. (1:17, 1:15, 1:15, 1:15, 1:14). 2 minute breaks.
Route: Eureka H.S. Track
Conditions: 70 degrees/cloudy. 7:00AM.

Notes: 1 Mile warm-up. 5 x 400m. 1 Mile cool-down. Was a little too relaxed on the first interval. Getting the hang of staying loose throughout the entire 400m and still hitting my pace. I used to tighten up a lot. Feels good. Now a day off and then the tri!!!

Daily Miles: 3.25 Miles.
Blog Totals:
  Run - 79.36 Miles.
  Bike - 42.51 Miles.
  Swim - 2,700+ meters.

No comments:

Post a Comment