Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Recovering On The Run

Yesterday would have been a day off but scheduling changes meant moving my Long Run back a day. So I got in 12 Miles yesterday morning and I would normally take a day off after a Long Run. But I'm feeling good after yesterday's run and I want to keep going while I'm on a roll. So instead of skipping today's 6 Miles, I just cut it back to 4 Miles and skipped a day of rest.

(I TOTALLY look like that in picutres with my shirt off... or at least I would if I knew how to use Photoshop.)

Yesterday's 12 Miler was one of those reassuring Long Runs that makes you think you're right on track. It was also nice to exercise a little more control over my pace after Sunday's race got away from me. I tried to keep with the trend by getting in 4 solid miles to start this week's training. I tried to keep the pace fairly consistent and up-tempo without running too hard.

I definitely felt a little soreness over the first 1/2 mile. My quads reminded me that I did, in fact, skip my day of rest. But I loosened up quickly and the rest of the run went pretty well. It always feels good to break up some of that lactic acid with a short run.

I think of my training weeks as running from Monday through Sunday but yesterday's Long Run is just last week's workout bleeding over into this week's schedule. So, in my head, today's 4 Miler was the beginning of my week. A nice, relaxing start!

Tuesday
Goal For The Day: Middle Distance
Distance: 4.00 Miles.
Time: 28:57. 7:14 Avg. (7:15, 7:01, 7:18, 7:19).
Route: Old Town Eureka Loop.
Conditions: 76 degrees. 6:45AM.

Notes: Still a cooler morning but humid. The rest of the week is only going to get hotter.

Daily Miles: 4.00 Miles.
Blog Totals:
  Run - 143.84 Miles.
  Bike - 67.68 Miles.
  Swim - 4,450+ meters.

No comments:

Post a Comment