Saturday, July 2, 2011

Celebrating Freedom

We're spending the weekend at my Mom's Lakehouse in Bonne Terre, MO. The 4th of July is all about Independence Day and we took advantage of the open water and our freedom from the confines of lap lanes with a morning swim around the cove.

It's a small lake and the water is generally quiet before noon so it was nice and calm when we hit the water at 9:30. Liz swam first and I took the kayak out for support (which probably isn't necessary, but makes me feel better). When Liz was finished, we switched places.

I took the camera out when I was in the kayak and took a couple of pics and a quick video of Liz while she was swimming, but I found out it's awkward trying to take pictures and kayak at the same time, so I abandoned that idea pretty fast.




We swam around the cove pretty randomly so I have no idea how far we went. It was nice to be able to swim farther without having to stop and turn around like we do in the pool. The distance of next week's swim is still a little intimidating though.

One thing's for sure... yesterday's workout at the track was a lot less fun because of the heat and humidity, but a swim is a great workout on a hot and humid day!

Saturday
Goal For The Day: Open Water Swim
Distance: Unkown.
Location: Lac Capri, Bonne Terre, MO.

Notes: I still have to check on the triathlon rules. I'm not sure if I'm required to wear a swim cap or not. I borrowed one of Liz's today just for practice. It was okay, but definitely felt a little weird. It's harder to hear out of the water but makes everything in the water louder. I have no idea how far we swam so I'll just add a '+' after my distance log. It was bound to happen eventually. I can't track every workout precisely.

Daily Swim: ????
Blog Totals:
  Run - 57.64 Miles.
  Bike - 30.11 Miles.
  Swim - 2,700+ meters.

No comments:

Post a Comment