Thursday, October 6, 2011

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner!

The ING New York City Marathon is exactly one month from today. As the marathon gets closer, the excitement is building and there are a lot of special promotions being offered to enhance the participants' race experience.

Last week, I found out that a page on Facebook called the ING Runner's Nation was holding a contest to select six 'Featured Runners'. Each Featured Runner would receive an HD Flip video camera. To enter, you had to make a video that was three minutes or shorter to explain why you should be selected.


I'm already logging my journey to New York on this blog and I thought having an HD video camera would be an awesome way to record even more of my experience. So I made a quick video the night before the deadline and submitted it thinking, "You can't win if you don't play."

Today, they announced the winners and I was chosen as one of the six Featured Runners!!! I should get my new camera in the mail by Monday and I'll be keeping another blog on the ING Runner's Nation page leading up to the marathon.

In addition to the camera and the opportunity to be a Featured Runner, I'm also competing for a VIP Race Day experience. The six of us are competing for VIP transportation on Race Day and access to a VIP tent before and after the race. I honestly have no idea what that involves, but when you say "VIP", it sounds too good to pass up.

So between now and November 4th, people can read our blogs on Facebook and vote daily for the Featured Runner they want to win the VIP experience. As if going to New York and running a huge marathon wasn't exciting enough!

As for my training, I got out for a morning Middle Distance run. I still didn't push the pace because it's supposed to be a recovery run, but today felt better than the past couple of days. My legs aren't as heavy and I felt more relaxed.

One month to go!

Thursday
Goal For The Day: Middle Distance.
Distance: 8.30 Miles.
Time: 58:33. 7:03 Avg. (7:12, 6:39, 6:56, 6:53, 6:53, 7:07, 6:57, 7:36, 2:16*).
Route: To Rte 66/1 Lap/Home.
Conditions: 49 degrees. 7:30am.

Notes: An exciting day! I can't wait for New York! It's also added pressure. It definitely adds to the tension and suspense.

Daily Miles: 8.30 Miles.
Blog Totals:
  Run - 419.30 Miles.
  Bike - 144.45 Miles.
  Swim - 11,050+ meters.

No comments:

Post a Comment