Saturday, October 8, 2011

Gear Check - Nike Free Run 2

New kicks! I bought some new Free Runs at Fleet Feet yesterday. I plan to wear them in New York so I'll be using them on some of my shorter runs between now and then. The Free Runs are so flexible, they really don't need a lot of breaking-in, but I want to make sure there won't be any unexpected blistering.

The updated Free Runs aren't much different from last year's model. Most of the changes seem to be cosmetic:





You can see how much I've worn down the tread nubbins on my current shoes:


There isn't a lot to say about these shoes that I didn't already say in my post about my current Free Runs. It'll probably be a week or so before I even slip these babies on. If there are noticable differences, I'll revisit the subject. Otherwise, I just need to do some waterproofing and they're good to go.

I do Love that New Shoe smell!!!


Saturday
Goal For The Day: Rest.
Distance: 0.00 Miles.

Notes: A great day of rest. Our friends, the Kanes hosted an Oktoberfest party tonight. Good food, good friends, good times. We left a little early though because I have a race in the morning. Race Report tomorrow.

Daily Miles: 0.00 Miles.
Blog Totals:
  Run - 424.96 Miles.
  Bike - 144.45 Miles.
  Swim - 11,050+ meters.

No comments:

Post a Comment