Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Squeezing It In.

I ran Hill Repeats today and I knew the workout wouldn't take me too long so I saved it for after work again. I just feel better when I can go for a run right after work.

It was also nice to get a good effort in right before meeting friends for our weekly dinner. The free chips 'n' salsa at El Nopal taste amazing after a hard run. (Especially after a little added salt... yummm!)

I jogged my usual warm-up and then ran 6 x Top Notch repeats. They didn't feel as good as last week's hills, but it was still a better workout than I expected for the week after my peak run. I think the cool air helps a lot.

After the run, I took a quick hot shower to warm up and then met everyone for dinner. We kept the meal short too because Game 1 of the World Series started just after 7:00!!!

The Coppins were nice enough to host a viewing again and the Cardinals took Game 1 to start the Series off on the right foot!



One down... three to go!

Wednesday
Goal For The Day: Hill Repeats.
Distance: 3.49 Miles.
Time: 29:20. 8:24 Avg. (7:43, 8:17, 9:10, 4:09*).
Route: 6 x Top Notch.
Conditions: 48 degrees. 5:30pm.

Notes: It's feeling more like marathon weather this week... just in time!

Daily Miles: 3.49 Miles.
Blog Totals:
  Run - 488.00 Miles.
  Bike - 144.45 Miles.
  Swim - 12,450+ meters.

No comments:

Post a Comment