Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Last Call For Hills

This is a week of 'Lasts'. As far as I'm concerned, this is the last week I get any real work done. All of my runs are getting shorter but I'll use this week to build confidence about my speed. Then next week only has three very short runs scheduled and they're really only placeholders to keep me from going stir-crazy.

So today was my last set of Hill Repeats before the marathon. It was only 4 trips up Top Notch so I made sure each time up was quality. It was a cool morning and I felt pretty good. There wasn't anything too remarkable about today other than I won't be doing this kind of workout again until after Race Day.

(You see a heart attack... I see an improving elevation profile.)

The rest of the day was chilly and rainy. In fact, Game 6 of the World Series was postponed. So tomorrow night is do or die for the Cardinals. If they can win Game 6, I think they'll take it all. It's been a great October so far!

Wednesday
Goal For The Day: Hill Repeats.
Distance: 2.90 Miles.
Time: 26:01. 8:59 Avg. (8:25, 9:12, 8:22*).
Route: 4 x Top Notch.
Conditions: 58 degrees. 7:30am.

Notes: The workouts always seem so short this late in the taper. I have to remind myself they're intended to be short. I'm not slacking. I'm not slacking. I'm not slacking.

Daily Miles: 2.90 Miles.
Blog Totals:
  Run - 521.32 Miles.
  Bike - 144.45 Miles.
  Swim - 13,450+ meters.

No comments:

Post a Comment