Monday, October 10, 2011

Motivation Monday - The Last Leg? Or The Home Stretch?

I was once asked to settle a debate between a friend of mine and her Dad. They were trying to decide which term is closer to the finish... "The Last Leg" or "The Home Stretch". I voted for "The Home Stretch".

By my logic, The Last Leg is the last section or chunk of a race, trip, journey, etc. That means The Last Leg of a 1,000-mile car trip could be 150 miles long. The Last Leg of a 100-mile relay race could be 25 miles long. The last leg of a 1-mile race could be the final 1/4-mile lap. You get the idea.

But The Home Stretch is always that point when you know you're almost done. The finish line is in sight. It's that last little bit of distance you have to cover before you're home free. No matter how long the journey, The Home Stretch is when you start to think, "Almost there!"


This is my Peak Week! The Home Stretch! Once more unto the breach, dear friends! I have a lot of miles to run this week but then it's nothing but tapering and recovery until Race Day! (I realize that's a lot of exclamation points, but it's getting exciting!)

The tension is building and I'm less than a month away from finding out how all of this work will play out. The excitement... the nerves... the curiosity... it's all coming to a head.

No matter how tired you are late in the race, you never need extra motivation when you reach The Home Stretch!

Monday
Goal For The Day: Rest.
Distance: 0.00 Miles.

Notes: I'm feeling good after yesterday's race and a week of recovery mileage. I'm ready to throw myself into Peak Week and see what my legs have in them.

Daily Miles: 0.00 Miles.
Blog Totals:
  Run - 438.06 Miles.
  Bike - 144.45 Miles.
  Swim - 11,050+ meters.

1 comment:

  1. I second the vote for Home Stretch! Keep up the good work, Brad.
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete