Friday, October 28, 2011

Strong Finish!

How about those Cardinals!!! World Series Champions!!!

A huge congratulations to the 11-Time World Series Champs. After last night's nail-biter, today's blowout wasn't nearly as tense, but I was still on the edge of my seat right to the last out. Liz's parents came into town for the weekend and we gathered around the t.v. to watch the Cardinals finish one of the most memorable and unlikely seasons in baseball history!

The Rangers scored two runs in the first inning and Chris Carpenter was looking awfully flat. But he woke up in the second and just rolled from there. The Cardinals scored 6 runs during the game and the Rangers didn't score again. By the 9th inning, you could just feel the victory coming and the stadium went crazy when Allen Craig caught a fly ball for the final out. What a Series!!!

(David Freese was named the Series MVP.)

(That beautiful trophy is back in town!)

It's a good time to live in St. Louis!

My marathon season is wrapping up nicely too. I don't feel that much different from several weeks ago, but apparently the reduced mileage is having the desired effect.

I took a jog over to the track after work for my last session of Bannister Repeats. I wore my iPod again today because the Dave Glover show was playing their annual Halloween special... good stuff! I listened to the show while I ran which was the first time I wore the iPod during speedwork.

I only ran 4 intervals today since I'm tapering but each one felt easier than usual (I still wouldn't call them 'easy') and my times were surprisingly fast even though I wasn't pushing it as hard as I could.

After the workout, it was an easy jog home and then a hot shower in preparation for the big game. It was a fantastic night and a great way to end the week.

Friday
Goal For The Day: Bannister Repeats.
Distance: 5.17 Miles.
Time: 4 x 400 meters. (1:13, 1:12, 1:12, 1:11).
Route: Eureka H.S. Track.
Conditions: 57 degrees. 5:15pm.

Notes: 2.09 Mile jog to the track. 4 x 400m. 2.08 Mile jog home. Goal was 1:15 each with 2 minutes rest between intervals. No more speedwork until after the marathon. I wish every Bannister workout felt this good!

Daily Miles: 5.17 Miles.
Blog Totals:
  Run - 532.49 Miles.
  Bike - 144.45 Miles.
  Swim - 13,450+ meters.

No comments:

Post a Comment