Friday, October 7, 2011

Fantastic Friday!

It's been unseasonably warm lately with highs in the low-to-mid-80's. So I'm not getting a lot of cold-weather practice but the morning temperatures have been great for running!

I ran to the track for some Bannister Repeats this morning. This is the last day of my recovery week and I'm racing a half marathon on Sunday, so I only ran 6 intervals. There was a woman there running mile repeats and she had a coach timing her. She looked pretty hardcore. I felt bad because it looked like she was doing some pretty serious training and I didn't want to be a distraction. But she was running mile repeats and I was running quarter-mile repeats so my pace was significantly faster than hers. I passed her on a couple of my intervals and I hope I didn't throw her off her rhythm. I chatted with her coach for a minute as I was leaving. It sounds like she's a fairly competitive runner who is recovering from an injury. Apparently, today was her first track workout since coming back and she's training to run a competitive marathon in December. It was kinda cool sharing a track with her, whoever she was.

My workout went well and I finally feel like I'm back to normal after Sunday's 20 miles. My legs felt fine and I ran every interval under my goal time. I can't wait to see how this Sunday's race goes.

After work, I went to Fleet Feet in Fenton to pick up my race packet for Sunday. While I was there, I went ahead and bought a pair of Nike Free Run 2's. They aren't white like I wanted, but they'll do the trick. I'll probably write more about them tomorrow.

Later, I met Liz in Chesterfield for dinner at Oishi. I Love Japanese Steakhouses and we had a great dinner to celebrate our 3rd anniversary. I'm a very lucky man! The plan was to catch a movie after dinner but we stepped outside and decided it was way too nice outside to be in a movie theater. Plus, our good friends, the Coppins, were setting up a t.v. on their back deck to watch game 5 of the NLDS. So we went home, joined some friends for the game, and watched Carpenter pitch a gem to help the Cardinals to a 1-0 victory over the Phillies. NLCS, here we come!


Start to finish, an excellent Friday and an excellent end of the week.

Friday
Goal For The Day: Bannister Repeats.
Distance: 5.66 Miles.
Time: 6 x 400m (1:14, 1:13, 1:13, 1:13, 1:14, 1:14).
Route: Eureka H.S. Track.
Conditions: 52 degrees. 7:30am.

Notes: 2.08 Mile jog to the track. 2.08 Mile jog home. 2 minutes rest between intervals. The intervals didn't feel too bad today. The last one was a little sloppy and my breathing was all over the place over the last 100 meters. But overall a good day. Very relaxed jog home.

Daily Miles: 5.66 Miles.
Blog Totals:
  Run - 424.96 Miles.
  Bike - 144.45 Miles.
  Swim - 11,050+ meters.

No comments:

Post a Comment