Thursday, May 3, 2012

Registered For Route 66

It's official! I'll be running the Williams Route 66 Marathon in Tulsa, Oklahoma on November 18, 2012!!!


I registered today and beat the price increase by a few days. This is the only marathon I'm running this year and it isn't until mid-November so I have plenty of time to get ready for it. So far, that means I'm registered to run the Hospital Hill Half in exactly one month and Route 66 in six months. The rest of the races on my wish list will depend on scheduling and available funds. After all, we're going to have an extra mouth to feed soon!

As for Hospital Hill preparations, I went ahead and ran a second consecutive day of hills this morning. I was feeling a little sluggish and only ran The Never Ending Hill Of Doom twice, but I plan to step it up to three climbs next week. I didn't sleep very well last night and my legs still felt heavy from yesterday's run but I made it to the top twice and got my day off to a productive start.

Tomorrow... Five Fingers!

Thursday
Goal For The Day: Hill Repeats.
Distance: 3.94 Miles.
Time: 32:19. 8:12 Avg. (7:37, 7:51, 8:36, 8:14*).
Route: 2 x Never Ending Hill Of Doom.
Conditions: 70 degrees. 7:25AM.
Run Details On Garmin

Notes: The Hill was almost all shade even at 7:30 so the heat wasn't too bad. I'm sure the kids waiting at the bus stops think I'm insane as I slog my way up The Hill. The map from my Garmin readout looks like it shorted me a little by starting late and finishing early. Silly technology.

Daily Miles: 3.94 Miles.
2012 Totals:
  Run - 316.67 Miles.
  Bike - 0.00 Miles.
  Swim - 7,450 meters.

No comments:

Post a Comment