Saturday, May 5, 2012

Being A Good Consumer

Today, I did my part to boost the economy as a good little consumer.

Liz and I went to a morning showing of The Avengers. I'm a huge fan of movies... I'm a totally nerd... and I Love superheroes and comic books. This movie was made for me and I was surprised that it not only lived up to my expectations, it exceeded them. I would have guessed that The Avengers was doomed to be a let-down after years of build-up and all of the hype. I'm glad I was wrong!


I was also a consumer in the sense that I settled in for the movie with a Mountain Dew, some theater popcorn, and some Twizzlers. Yum! There's no better way to see a movie!

After The Avengers, we went and pretty much finished registering for baby stuff and in the process, I bought a pair of Injinji toe socks for my FiveFingers. I'm excited to see how they feel.


We also stopped at Fleet Feet to use a loyalty voucher we earned recently. I picked up a pair of compression sleeves for my calves. Liz did some research on compression socks and we've been eager to give them a try.


Finally, after a long day out, Liz made her delicious chicken pasta that we Love so much and I definitely consumed a good-sized bowl full! I know we ate pasta on Cinco de Mayo but we went out for Mexican last night and you can never go wrong with this pasta... so good!


No running today, but some new gear and lots of good times!

Saturday
Goal For The Day: Rest.
Distance: 0.00 Miles.

Notes: We've had summer-like temperatures this week and the humidity is ramping up this weekend so I had no problem taking a day off today. Blah.

Daily Miles: 0.00 Miles.
2012 Totals:
  Run - 318.17 Miles.
  Bike - 0.00 Miles.
  Swim - 7,450 meters.

No comments:

Post a Comment