Friday, May 18, 2012

Feeling Super Fast

Have I mentioned that I Love sprinting in my FiveFingers?

I wouldn't say that I Love running in them yet, but I definitely Love sprinting in them. They make me feel fast!

I ran the same workout as last week (4 x 200 meters) and it's amazing how much I get out of a workout that short. It's enough to make me feel the effort. It has a lasting impact on my stride and mechanics... for the better. And it's a great mental boost.

From about 10 minutes of running intervals, I get several days worth of benefits. I'll take some more of that!

(My FiveFingers make me feel like
the end product of this shot.)

Friday
Goal For The Day: Speedwork.
Distance: 2.00 Miles.
Time: Untimed.
Route: Eureka H.S. Track.
Conditions: 59 degrees. 7:30AM.

Notes: 0.5 mile warm-up. 4 x UCLA 200's. 0.5 mile cool-down. I'm still liking the toe socks. I was on the actual track again today instead of the infield and I didn't feel like my feet took too much of a pounding.

Daily Miles: 2.00 Miles.
2012 Totals:
  Run - 374.87 Miles.
  Bike - 0.00 Miles.
  Swim - 8,250 meters.

No comments:

Post a Comment