Sunday, May 13, 2012

The Good Kind Of Slow

I flipped things around today and went for my run first and then spent the afternoon on my boat.

A lap around the Lake is just over 3 miles so I planned three laps to get in the 9-10 mile range. Next week, I'll peak at 10-12 miles and then start a week-long taper going into the half marathon.

The weather has been great all weekend and this morning was more of the same. Most people haven't started migrating to the Lake for the weekends yet, so it was nice and quiet for my run. Long Runs aren't supposed to be too fast, they're more about mileage and I was in the mood to take it easy so I took my time looping the Lake.

When I got back, Liz made ham and cheese biscuits for our Mother's Day breakfast and we ate out on the screened-in porch. It was about as relaxing as a morning can get.

Then I got back to work. A quick trip to the store for some final supplies and a little more work and my boat was ready for a quick test.

(At least she floats... that's always good!)

The test went well and I got a head start on the decorations so I shouldn't have to do a ton of work on the holiday weekend.

It was great spending Mother's Day at the Lake and it was a productive weekend all around!

Sunday
Goal For The Day: Long Run.
Distance: 9.35 Miles.
Time: 1:11:33. 7:39 Avg. (7:49, 7:23, 7:21, 7:40, 7:53, 7:36, 7:28, 7:42, 7:58, 2:39*).
Route: 3 x Lake Loop.
Conditions: 58 degrees. 8:20AM.

Notes: It would have been easy to stop after the second lap but I'm glad I went for all three. The last lap felt very relaxed and was the pleasant kind of running I had been missing this week.

Daily Miles: 9.35 Miles.
2012 Totals:
  Run - 358.60 Miles.
  Bike - 0.00 Miles.
  Swim - 8,250 meters.

No comments:

Post a Comment