Saturday, September 17, 2011

Take A Hike

The rain is coming but today was just cloudy and cool. Liz and I decided to take advantage of the dry time by taking a hike on one of the many trails in town.

We drove over to West Tyson County Park to hike the Flint Quarry Trail. It's a 3-mile trail that winds it's way through the woods on the east side of Eureka.


We took The Cricket with us and she kept up like a champ! The little pup made us proud. We passed a few hikers and some mountain bikers but the trail wasn't too busy.


Every time we go for a hike, we're reminded how much we enjoy it and we should go more often.

Saturday
Goal For The Day: Rest.
Distance: 0.00 Miles.

Notes: I checked tomorrow's weather forecast. There's a 50% chance of rain in the morning and then the odds of storms increase as the morning goes on. I think I'm going to get up for the Millstadt Parks Biathlon and hope to stay dry (but expect to get wet). I'm not a fan of riding my bike in the rain but a 16 mile training run in the rain doesn't sound great either so I'll try the race.

Daily Miles: 0.00 Miles.
Blog Totals:
  Run - 315.08 Miles.
  Bike - 122.45 Miles.
  Swim - 10,050+ meters.

No comments:

Post a Comment