Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Back On Track

Over the past couple of weeks I've not only missed some workouts, I've also been lax about posting on my blog. Coincidence?

So today I rededicated myself to my training and my journaling. I ran my first Middle Distance workout since upping the mileage and even met Liz for a swim after work. Now I'm getting caught up on my blog posts and I'm ready to stick to the schedule the rest of the way.

This is the part of my training that I find it easier and easier to talk myself out of a workout. When I'm running 5 days a week and each run is pretty long, it's easy to feel like missing a run here and there wouldn't hurt. And in reality, it probably wouldn't. But most of the time missing a run wouldn't help either.

Instead of fading down the stretch like I have done at times in the past, I'm committing myself to staying the course. I'm back on track and I plan to stay there.


Tuesday
Goal For The Day: Middle Distance.
Distance: 10.00 Miles.
Time: 1:11:08. 7:07 Avg. (7:21, 6:32, 6:54, 7:02, 6:58, 6:49, 7:16, 7:09, 7:21, 7:40).
Route: Allenton Loop/Old Town Eureka Loop w/ the City Hall Extension.
Conditions: 65 degrees. 7:15AM.

Goal For The Day: Swim.
Distance: 1,000 meters. (300, 400, 300).
Location: Fenton Rec Center Indoor Pool.

Notes: I don't always listen to my ipod when I run but I turned on the music today and ignored my watch during the run. Looking at my times, I could tell that I have my playlist loaded with the better, faster songs up front and the slower, less inspiring songs later. The run felt pretty good though. The swim was good. Much longer intervals than usual. Liz wasn't looking forward to it before we started but got in the groove and was ready to go after the first 300.

Daily Miles: 10.00 Mile Run. 1,000 meter Swim.
Blog Totals:
  Run - 294.85 Miles.
  Bike - 122.45 Miles.
  Swim - 10,050+ meters.

No comments:

Post a Comment