Sunday, September 4, 2011

Sweet 16

I Love this weather! If I could choose the weather for the marathon, the temperature would be in the 40's, it would be cloudy, and there would be a light wind. Today wasn't quite ideal, but it was pretty darn close. I left the house at 9am and other than it being a little warmer than I'd like (72 degrees), I couldn't have asked for better weather. After four ridiculously hot days, it felt awesome running as the cold front came in. It felt like it could start raining at any moment throughout the entire two hour run.

I ran down to Route 66 and planned to do a couple of laps before running around town. But once I was there, I got into one of those grooves that you don't want to disrupt. It's like when a pitcher has a no-hitter going and you don't talk to him and don't change anything for fear of ruining his streak. There were times when I hit that magic stride that feels effortless... like I'm actually being propelled by some invisible force. I didn't want to leave the park while I was on a roll.

I stayed in the park for 5 laps and then headed home. It was one of those days that I start thinking, "If this was the marathon, I could run a 3:10 right now." Of course, that's easy to think at mile 10 with only 6 miles to go instead of 16.


16 solid miles in the books! Next week is a recovery week and then back to the heavy mileage. It's hard to believe the marathon is only two months away. That's about 6 weeks of training and then a taper before Race Day.

Sunday
Goal For The Day: Long Run.
Distance: 16.25 Miles.
Time: 1:58:04. 7:16 Avg. (7:31, 7:01, 7:10, 7:17, 7:04, 6:56, 6:54, 7:42, 7:08, 7:12, 7:04, 7:14, 7:01, 8:05, 7:14, 7:31, 1:53*)
Route: To Rte 66/5 Laps/Home.
Conditions: 72 degrees/cloudy/windy. 9AM.

Notes: Great 'Runner's High' day! Breathing was smooth and easy the whole time. The 7:42 and 8:05 were when I stopped to walk/jog while I had a G2 pouch. Feeling optimistic today!

Daily Miles: 16.25 Miles.
Blog Totals:
  Run - 269.04 Miles.
  Bike - 98.53 Miles.
  Swim - 9,050+ meters.

No comments:

Post a Comment