Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Steady Sevens

The plans for today's workout changed a couple of times as the day went on. Liz and I usually go to the gym on Tuesdays for a swim. I had 10 miles on the schedule today but decided I would just see how many miles I could get in before Liz met me at the pool and then the swim would make up for any lack of mileage.

Then our friends invited us over to watch Bridesmaids tonight and Liz and I decided to bail on the gym and just work out at home. I hadn't seen Bridesmaids yet but I heard it was good and we're always up for movies with friends.

In the end, I went home after work to run my scheduled 10 miles but Liz decided she still had time to fit in a swim so she headed to the gym.

I ran my usual route down to Route 66, ran two laps, and then ran home. It was one of those days that my pace stayed the same no matter what I did. I felt good but never went much faster or slower than seven minutes per mile. I even made an effort to run the last three miles a little faster. Unfortunately, what felt faster was actually still 7ish minutes a mile. The only sign that I was making more of an effort was that my pace didn't drop over the last mile-and-a-half like it usually does. (The last mile-and-a-half has a lot of uphill running so my last mile is usually my slowest.)

It was still a good workout and the pace was fine. I just felt like the amount of effort I put into it should have led to a better time.

Tuesday
Goal For The Day: Middle Distance.
Distance: 10.31 Miles.
Time: 1:12:06. 7:00 Avg. (7:00, 6:48, 7:06, 7:02, 7:01, 7:03, 6:59, 7:04, 6:51, 7:04, 2:03*).
Route: To Route 66/2 Laps/Home.
Conditions: 75 degrees. 6:00PM.

Notes: 7mins/mile is fine for 10 miles as part of a high-mileage week. I'd still like to be averaging under 7mins/mile without too much effort. Hopefully, I'll turn that corner soon. Liz swam 1,000 meters at the gym and Bridesmaids was "laugh out loud" funny. Good night!

Daily Miles: 10.31 Miles.
Blog Totals:
  Run - 330.39 Miles.
  Bike - 144.45 Miles.
  Swim - 10,050+ meters.

No comments:

Post a Comment