Wednesday, September 7, 2011

International Appeal? Really?

I started this blog in June as a way of journaling my training for New York. I'm still figuring out some of the ins and outs of blogging/social networking. I figured out how to share my posts on twitter and facebook and felt very internet savvy and 'in touch'. I'm young and hip!
I also found out that more of my friends and family read this than I expected. I was surprised to find out how many people were not only interested in what I wrote, but continued to be interested and read this on a regular basis.

But what really confuses me is the 'stats' section of my blog. It lets me look at how many times people look at my blog, how many times people look at each post, when people are looking at the blog, what country people are in, and even what kind of technology people are accessing it with. (Apparently a lot of people read my blog around 11pm Central Time on their Windows computer using Internet Explorer in the U.S.)


That's all very interesting but I'm curious about all of the readers that Blogger tells me I have from other countries. As of today, here are the people that have checked in on my blog by country:

United States 2,176
Latvia 26
France 19
Germany 16
Canada 10
Australia 8
Ukraine 8
United Kingdom 7
Georgia 4
Sweden 4

So, what I want to know is... Who are all of these people? Do I know people in all of those countries? Are people I don't know reading my blog? I realized I've been assuming only family and friends were reading this.

If you're outside the U.S. and reading this right now, leave me a comment and let me know what city or town you're in and whether I know you or not. Either way, welcome aboard!

Wednesday
Goal For The Day: Hill Repeats (Abandoned).
Distance: 0.00 Miles.

Notes: I planned to run some hill repeats this morning for my speedwork. I even got up and dressed for the workout. Then I kept doing things to get ready for work and eventually felt like I didn't have time for the run. I think this was even more lame than when I just oversleep.

Daily Miles: 0.00 Miles.
Blog Totals:
  Run - 275.24 Miles.
  Bike - 122.45 Miles.
  Swim - 9,050+ meters.

No comments:

Post a Comment