Thursday, September 8, 2011

Real Recovery Run, Really Reassuring

This is supposed to be a recovery week before beefing up the mileage again next week. But so far, I rode 23 miles on my scheduled day off and ran a virtual 10k hard instead of my scheduled easy 6 miles. So today, I ran the same 6 mile course as Tuesday minus the extra .2 miles I tacked on to make it a full 10k. But today I took it easy.

I went for a completely relaxed 6 miles and put my body on complete auto-pilot. I let my mind wander and didn't think about my pace at all. It felt great!

Today was the first run of the season with chilly cheeks and cold fingers. It was a brisk, refreshing morning and it felt good to get the blood pumping and to start the day with a run that was relaxing and energizing at the same time.

It's starting to feel like fall!

Thursday
Goal For The Day: Middle Distance.
Distance: 6.09 Miles.
Time: 45:55. 7:32 Avg. (7:20, 7:13, 7:24, 7:37, 7:40, 7:49, 0:47*).
Route: To Route 66/Home.
Conditions: 56 degrees. 7:30AM.

Notes: I was pleasantly surprised when I saw my pace after the run. If I can stay in the mid 7's without effort, my working pace should be getting pretty close to what I'm shooting for!

Daily Miles: 6.09 Miles.
Blog Totals:
  Run - 281.33 Miles.
  Bike - 122.45 Miles.
  Swim - 9,050+ meters.

No comments:

Post a Comment