Thursday, June 16, 2011

Morning Run

I'm not a big fan of getting up early to run. My body just doesn't feel like it functions as well in the morning. I would much rather burn off some stress late in the day. But life is full of other demands on our time so the morning is the most convenient time to get my training in. I haven't been good about getting up lately, but I made it out the door today!

Liz and I went to the gym Tuesday after work and I somehow hurt my shoulder and/or neck and I was pretty uncomfortable yesterday. Turning my head to the left was especially difficult. I found that I was most uncomfortable when I tried to lie down so I haven't slept very well the past two nights. I woke up this morning feeling much better but tired. I didn't get out the door as early as I would have liked, but at least I got my morning run in.

I ran the Minneapolis Marathon on June 5th so I already have a good mileage base built up. For the next month or so, I plan to focus more on increasing speed and then I can build mileage again in August, September, and October. So Thursdays will be 'Middle Distance' days and today's plan was 4 Miles.

Thursday
Goal For The Day: Middle Distance
Distance: 4.00 Miles
Time: 28:27. 7:06 avg. (7:30, 6:49, 7:06, 6:59)
Route: Old Town Eureka Loop
Conditions: 68 degrees/humid. 7:15AM.

Notes: Today was fine and fairly unremarkable. I tried for negative splits but I was inconsistent. It was a cool morning but surprisingly humid. I passed an old man who looked like he was out for some exercise of his own as he limped/walked past McDonald's. He laughed at me running by and said, "Don't break the speed limit!" I've received a lot of comments from people when I'm out running, but that was a first.

Total Blog Miles: 4.00

No comments:

Post a Comment