Sunday, June 26, 2011

Doubling Up

I've worked out the outline for my entire training schedule and today called for 8 miles as my Long Run. I ran down to Route 66 State Park, circled one lap around the park, and ran home. It was a really humid morning and the air felt thick. At least there was some occassional light rain to cool me off. I tried to keep a good pace but apparently I was running a little slower than I felt. I was thankful to have my i-pod to turn on for the last 4 miles.
With the triathlon coming up, today also called for a swim so Liz and I caught an early movie and then hit the Rec Center for an afternoon swim. The pool was mostly empty (maybe from the morning rain) and we were able to swim our laps outside. We swam the full 1,000 meters that we'll face at the tri in 200 meter chunks with short breaks in between. We're still new to swimming so we kept an eye on the clock to figure out how long we can expect to be in the water on Race Day. After today, I'm confident we can cover the swim in less than 30 minutes. I have no idea if that's good or not, but it gives us an estimate of what we'll be in for.

Sunday
Goal For The Day: Long Run
Distance: 8.38 Miles.
Time: 1:00:17. 7:12 avg. (7:26, 7:07, 7:15, 7:17, 6:52, 7:02, 6:56, 7:38, 2:38*)
Route: Run around Eureka. (To Rte. 66/One lap/Home).
Conditions: 72 degrees. Humid. Some light rain.

Notes: Not bad, but not feeling the pace I want yet. Black Eyed Peas helped!

Goal For The Day: Swim
Distance: 1,000 meters. (5 x 200m)
Location: Fenton Rec Center Outdoor Pool.

Notes: Liz's stomach was bothering her but she still cranked out the full distance! It was good practice for race day covering the race distance. Now we'll just have to cut out the breaks and do it in open water.

Daily Miles: Run - 8.38 Miles. Swim - 1,000 meters.
Blog Totals:
  Run - 38.72 Miles.
  Bike - 21.73 Miles.
  Swim - 1,950 meters.

No comments:

Post a Comment