Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Hot Run, Cold Shower

I had limited internet access yesterday so I'm a day late posting but I did get my make-up run in yesterday. I finally got a good night's sleep Sunday night and went out for a run Monday morning to make up for the Long Run I missed on Sunday. I was out the door at 7:45am and it was already 84 degrees and humid. VERY humid. I took the first mile easy and then tried to pick up the pace a little. It wasn't long before I realized this was going to be an 'off' day and I was feeling very sluggish. I decided not to push it and eased off the pace.

The heat was getting to me and the last mile was basically a jogging cool-down. On days like this, I walk in the door, ditch my shoes, and walk straight into the shower. I haven't gotten into the habit of taking ice baths, but I Love a long, cold shower after a hot run!
So, Sundays will usually be Long Run days, but I got my Long Run in for the week. I was SUPER proud of Liz for doing her long Brick workout last night. It was even hotter when she went and it would have been easy to skip it. I swear she's better about sticking to training schedules than I am! Tonight, we head to the gym for our swim and I'll try to get some miles in on the treadmill.

Monday
Goal For The Day: Long Run
Distance: 6.00 Miles
Time: 46:40. 7:46 avg. (7:51, 7:02, 7:23, 7:29, 7:51, 9:00)
Route: Kircher Park Loop
Conditions: 84 degrees/humid. 7:45AM.

Notes: GPS was set on 'bike' mode for the first mile. Fixed it after that. Not sure if that affects accuracy at all. Rough 6 miles.

Daily Miles: 6.00
Total Blog Miles: 13.50

No comments:

Post a Comment