Friday, August 19, 2011

Climbing Hills Under Cloudy Skies

A storm came through last night so it was cooler and breezy when I left for my run this morning. It was still mostly cloudy which is much appreciated in the summer. During the spring and fall, I'll take a nice, sunny day but during the summer, I like an overcast run.

Apparently the clouds weren't as thick as they were for Tuesday's run in the rain though. I ran the exact same course as I did Tuesday but my watch reported almost a quarter-mile farther for today's run. Tuesday reported 8.26 miles in 1:00:00. Today was the same route but my watch read 8.41 miles in 59:49. I might not know which distance is accurate, but I know today was 11 seconds faster.

Today's 8 miles felt more consistent that Tuesday's. Tuesday, I started strong, slumped in the middle, and finished strong again. Today seemed more steady throughout the run. My back felt great and my stride felt smoother and more natural than it has been. I'm still not in the form or at the pace that I'm aiming for, but I still have a lot of training left. All in good time.

On the way home, I paused to shoot a quick video of the sky. The clouds were breaking up and I took a moment to enjoy the view before heading up the Days Inn Hill. Beautiful!!!


Friday
Goal For The Day: Middle Distance.
Distance: 8.41 Miles.
Time: 59:49. 7:07 Avg. (7:16, 6:51, 7:08, 7:06, 6:56, 7:13, 7:00, 7:27, 2:48*).
Route: To Rte. 66/1 Lap/Home.
Conditions: 74 degrees/cloudy. 7:15AM.

Notes: The park was busier this morning. More people but no deer. A new restaurant opened selling fried pies. I'm eager to check it out. I hear it's like gourmet Hot Pockets. I'm not used to having to check traffic crossing that parking lot. It was odd having to watch for cars there this morning.

Daily Miles: 8.41 Miles.
Blog Totals:
  Run - 188.28 Miles.
  Bike - 98.53 Miles.
  Swim - 7,200+ meters.

1 comment:

  1. fried pies? that sounds like the most wonderful thing i've ever heard of. that hole, you know, the one you put pie in? Your pie hole...well, put a fried pie in it this time!

    ReplyDelete