Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Balancing Act

I'm getting busy and I need to get better about managing my time. Yesterday was a full day. I had physical therapy at 8:30 in the morning, worked until 5:30, and then taught my first class of the semester at Jeffco until 9:30pm.


Physical therapy went well. I was assigned some new exercises and my back loosened up faster than I expected. By this morning, I was feeling good again and my back hasn't bothered me all day.

This morning, I overslept... again. It's Trash Day and I owed the garbage man some donuts for taking a bunch of scrap wood off my hands last week. So I not only woke up later than I planned, but then I had to hit the store and make sure I was around to deliver donuts this morning. That meant saving my run for the gym tonight.

I worked later than planned today so my time at the gym was limited. Instead of my scheduled 8 miles, I only got in 3.5. It was a comfortable run with no back problems and I ran negative splits. I'll take it! I wouldn't have liked 8 miles on the treadmill anyway and I got to swim with Liz so it was still a good workout.

The indoor pool was closed but we were happy to take advantage of the outdoor pool before it closes for the summer. By the time we were wrapping up, we were treated to a gorgeous sunset!

Between work, physical therapy, and teaching, I'm putting more demands on my time and I'm also cranking up the mileage in my training. I'm getting to that point in my training where I have to plan ahead more if I want to find time for everything. I'll need to start getting up earlier as my runs get longer. Thursday will be my next scheduling challenge. I have PT at 8am and then work until 8pm. It'll probably be an early morning.


There just aren't enough hours in the day.

Monday
Goal For The Day: Rest.
Distance: 0.00 Miles.

Tuesday
Goal For The Day: Middle Distance... Modified to Short Run/Swim.
Distance: 3.50 Miles Run. 950 meter swim.
Time: 25:03. 7:09 Avg. (7:30, 7:13, 6:58, 3:22*).
Route: Fenton Rec Center Treadmill/Outdoor Pool.
Conditions: Stuff indoor run. Awesome outdoor swim! 5:45PM.

Notes: The run felt great! My back feels better than I expected. It was so tight Sunday afternoon I was sure it would be a problem this week. The swim was good too but I still have to focus a lot on my breathing. I don't inhale naturally. I think I'm taking in too much air when I inhale and it feels awkward. I need more practice.

Daily Miles: 3.50 Miles Run. 950 meter swim.
Blog Totals:
  Run - 205.23 Miles.
  Bike - 98.53 Miles.
  Swim - 8,150+ meters.

No comments:

Post a Comment