Sunday, April 29, 2012

More Pre-Baby Prep And 300 Miles in 2012

The final step of painting the nursery took longer than we thought today. We had a relaxing morning after a stormy night, did a little work in the nursery, took a break for a supply run and ate lunch, did more nursery work, and then it was 5:30.


(Mickey cloud in our nursery.)

I originally planned to run 8-10 miles today but the day was filled with important baby prep so I mowed the lawn (it's supposed to rain the next few days) and then slipped on my running shoes and went out for a shorter, faster run.

I ran to Kircher Park and back and tried to push the pace a little since I was only running 6 miles. It was one of those days where I could lock into a pace and stay pretty close to 6:45 per mile just by feel. I hardly glanced at my watch. The best part was keeping my pace under 7 minutes even in the last mile-and-a-half while running up the big hills on the way home. The hill repeats are already paying off!

I've decided to attend the first of the track workouts Missouri Running Co. is offering tomorrow night as long as it isn't raining. If it's storming or they cancel the workout, I'll meet Liz for a swim. I'm looking forward to an organized speed workout so I hope the rain holds off. But a night at the gym with Liz is a pretty nice backup plan!

Sunday
Goal For The Day: Long Run.
Distance: 6.00 Miles.
Time: 40:47. 6:48 Avg. (6:55, 6:30, 6:45, 6:45, 6:57, 6:52).
Route: Kircher Park Loop.
Conditions: 64 degrees. 6:29PM.

Notes: The nursery looks awesome. The lawn is mowed. I had a great run. I passed 300 miles running in 2012. And Liz made an awesome dinner of parmesan tilapia that made me feel even more healthy!

Daily Miles: 6.00 Miles.
2012 Totals:
  Run - 304.20 Miles.
  Bike - 0.00 Miles.
  Swim - 7,450 meters.

No comments:

Post a Comment