Saturday, November 26, 2011

Exploring Cincinnati On Foot

I went for what has become a rare kind of run for me lately. We had some time this morning before our plans to go shopping so I went for a wandering run around Ben and Maja's neighborhood. I've been doing so much focused training that I haven't gone for many relaxed, exploratory runs.

I started up Marburg and turned right on Erie but made a quick right again at the coffee shop onto Victoria. Victoria is a great tree-lined street with very cool older houses. At some point, I turned south again until I met back up with Erie and then followed that west through Hyde Park Square. There were a few people out running through the Square and I imagine it's a popular place to run.


I was going to turn around at Hyde Park Square but I felt like seeing what else I could see so I kept running down Erie until it came to a dead end at Madison Road. Across Madison is a high school and I could see the football field from Erie so I ran across and took a lap around their track.

The football stadium was very cool. The field is AstroTurf but the track and stands look really old. The stands are all concrete and the track had a nice, rubberized surface but the layout somehow made it feel very dated.

After my lap around the track, I took a straight shot down Erie to Marburg and ran progressively faster all the way home.

It was a fun run around town and I would like to go back to that track again. I Love exploring towns on foot like this!

Saturday
Goal For The Day: Exploratory Run.
Distance: 5.16 Miles.
Time: 35:50. 6:57 Avg. (7:00, 7:05, 7:24, 6:55, 6:32, 0:52*).
Route: Run Around Cincinnati.
Conditions: 53 degrees. 9:25AM.

Notes: I somehow thought it was much colder out than it actually was. I wore a long sleeve thermal shirt and came back to the house with my sleeves pulled up and way to sweaty for weather this nice.

Daily Miles: 5.16 Miles.
Blog Totals:
  Run - 607.76 Miles.
  Bike - 144.45 Miles.
  Swim - 14,350+ meters.

No comments:

Post a Comment