Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Winding Down

I'm only planning two short runs this week. They're more to keep me from going crazy than anything else. Everything has been going to well, I'm afraid the wheels are just waiting to fall off.

Every time I reach the week before a marathon, I start to worry that taking a week slow and easy will somehow take away from the fast pace I've worked so hard to develop. My training runs have been surprisingly fast and... effortless these past two weeks. There's an irrational part of my brain that thinks if I run too slow now, my body will forget get too complacent and forget how to pick it up again on Race Day.

But I'm trying to be smart and override that irrational fear. I ran a comfortable 4 miles this morning and took the pace nice and easy. I paid close attention to my watch to make sure it didn't just feel easy... it actually was a relaxed pace.

Tonight, the packing process began. Liz is much more organized than I am and I know I'll be finishing my packing late tomorrow night, but we'll both be ready to go Thursday morning!

I can't wait!!!

Tuesday
Goal For The Day: Easy Run.
Distance: 3.88 Miles.
Time: 29:38. 7:39 Avg. (7:35, 7:37, 7:36, 6:49*).
Route: Old Town Eureka Loop w/ Extension.
Conditions: 35 degrees. 7:15am.

Notes: It was a cold morning! Long sleeves, hat, and gloves. The forecast says it'll be warmer than this on Race Day, but it was nice getting some cold weather practice.

Daily Miles: 3.88 Miles.
Blog Totals:
  Run - 544.38 Miles.
  Bike - 144.45 Miles.
  Swim - 13,450+ meters.

No comments:

Post a Comment