Friday, December 9, 2011

Two Weeks... Two Workouts

Am I slacking off? Am I taking a much-deserved break? Am I resting up for something big? Is the glass half empty or half full?

In the past two weeks, I've done exactly two workouts. Not exactly hardcore.


Both workouts were at the Rec Center. Last Tuesday (the 29th), I planned to meet Liz for a swim but our timing was off so I ended up running on the treadmill and Liz went for a swim on her own. I messed around in the gym and did a little lifting and then ran 4 miles. Normally, I'm not a fan of treadmill running because I get bored so quickly, but that 4 miles wasn't bad at all for some reason.

Then this Tuesday (the 6th), Liz and I got our act together and went for a swim. We swam 1,000 meters in three chunks (300/400/300) and I realized that I can run for a long time and just let my mind wander. But when I swim, all I'm thinking about is my breathing and how many more laps until I stop. Hopefully, I'll get comfortable enough in the water that I can let my mind wander while I'm swimming and the workouts will be more fun.

I run the first race of this year's Frostbite Series tomorrow. Hopefully, that will get me back in the groove.

Tuesday (11/29)
Goal For The Day: Run
Distance: 4.00 Miles.
Time: 28:28. 7:07 Avg. (7:30, 7:13, 6:58, 6:44).
Route: Treadmill at Fenton Rec Center.
Conditions: Stuffy. 6:00PM.

Tuesday (12/6)
Goal For The Day: Swim.
Distance: 1,000 meters. (300/400/300).
Location: Fenton Rec Center Indoor Pool.

Notes: I'm working on my plans for 2012 and I'm thinking I'll need a lot of early mornings and dedication so for now, I'll let myself sleep in and slack off a little.

Daily (Recent) Miles: 4.00 Miles Run. 1,000 meter Swim.
Blog Totals:
  Run - 611.76 Miles.
  Bike - 144.45 Miles.
  Swim - 15,350+ meters.

No comments:

Post a Comment