Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Gear Check: Christmas Gear!

I received some great gifts for Christmas this year and several were running related. I can't wait to put them to good use!

First, Mom and Rick got me the P90X Fitness Program! I've borrowed a couple of P90X DVDs from friends in the past and they definitely kicked my butt so I've been thinking about doing the actual program. It's 90 days of working out 6-7 times per week and the workouts are intense. I would really like to follow the schedule the way it's intended but I haven't figured out how to incorporate such an exhausting program into my running routine. Obviously, I would have to scale back my running while I'm doing it so I haven't figured out when I'll try P90X in 2012, but it's on my to-do list and I'm excited to see how it goes!


Ben and Maja are always great with thoughtful and creative gifts but this year they outdid themselves. I opened their gift to find a Flash t-shirt like Sheldon wears on The Big Bang Theory!


That alone would have been an awesome gift, but when I turned it around to show Liz the shirt, I saw that my marathon time was stitched into the back!!! How awesome to have my Boston Qualifying time stitched into a Flash shirt!!?? Great Gift!


Liz also got me some much-needed and much-appreciated running gear. I have a goal of running a marathon in every state. So far, I've crossed 8 states off of the list. I'm starting to acquire quite a collection of marathon medals but they're currently on a hanger in our spare closet. Now I have a great decorative hanger so I can start displaying my hard-earned medals!


And on a more practical note, Liz also got me warmer, more versatile running gloves. I have a pair of Nike gloves that are great when the temperature is in the 40's. After that, they don't offer much protection from the cold and I've been using cheap cotton gloves that I got for free somewhere. But not anymore!

Liz got me a pair of Asics glove/mitten hybrids. They're super-warm and the mitten portion can be folded back to free your fingers. I'm looking forward to my hands staying warm when the temperature drops and I'm excited that I'll be able to use my iPod easier thanks to the fold-away mittens!



What a haul! I can't wait to put some of this gear to good use in 2012!!!

Tuesday
Goal For The Day: Off Day.
Distance: 0.00 Miles.

Notes: The New Year is just around the corner. It's time to start thinking about my next challenge/adventure.

Daily Miles: 0.00 Miles.
Blog Totals:
  Run - 625.86 Miles.
  Bike - 144.45 Miles.
  Swim - 14,350+ meters.

No comments:

Post a Comment