Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Gear Check: Christmas Gear! (2012)

Either I didn't set my alarm right or I turned it off without really waking up. Either way, I woke up an hour later than I needed to if I was going to run this morning. So I'm going to take this opportunity to look back at the running-related gifts I got for Christmas this year.

Liz hooked me up with some great gear this year!

I got replacement inserts for my Stuffits. I haven't replaced my inserts since I got them for Christmas two years ago. (Gross.) Now I have a pair of brand new, cedar-filled inserts to keep my shoes from getting too funky!


Speaking of funky... My Garmin watch had a Velcro wristband that I also never washed. That thing smelled horrible! So I'm really excited about my new watch band. It won't absorb my sweat like the Velcro did and it should be much easier to clean. As an added bonus, the part that the watch clips into pops off of the watch band and attaches to a mount for my bike frame. This way, I can move it quickly and easily for triathlons and duathlons!

My new Garmin watch band and bike mount.

I've used Fleet Feet's Ultimate Training Journal before and I really like the setup of the pages. A new year calls for a new journal and I'm hoping to be consistent about filling it out.

Fleet Feet's Ultimate Training Journal
 
And last, but not least, I got a new ornament to add to the Christmas tree! Now that Colin is here, Christmas feels even more exciting and our trees are one of my favorite parts of the Christmas tradition. I like that our ornaments are tiny little reflections of our personalities.
 
Gotta Run Christmas Ornament

It was a great first Christmas with our new addition to the family and I received a nice set of running goodies!

Tuesday
Goal For The Day: Easy Run. (Not accomplished... Overslept.)
Distance: 0.00 Miles.

Daily Miles: 0.00 Miles.
2013 Totals:
  Run - 13.19 Miles.
  Bike - 0.00 Miles.
  Swim - 0.00 meters.

No comments:

Post a Comment